Staff Job Opportunities
Posted May 24, 2016
The IT Director is responsible for establishing and directing the strategic long-term goals and procedures for the Information Technology Department. The IT Director will assist in the development and implementation of the objectives and priorities of the department including computer operations, programming, telecommunications and network administration. Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
• Research, provide strategic planning and implementation for servers, networking equipment, software solutions, products and other technological solutions
• Install and configure and manage servers, switches, firewalls, core infrastructure, wireless network, end-user computers, computer workstations, networks, license and utilized cloud services for individuals, departments and ministry areas of the church
• Maintain a listing of all utilized and necessary licenses organization wide
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues within all aspects of core infrastructure, wireless network, end-user computers, computer workstations, networks, internet connections, telephone systems and lines providing support to users with technical advice and problem solving
• Ensure all regulatory and security compliance, licensing both internally and with utilized cloud vendors/platforms performing or confirming required patching
• Protect and preserve sensitive data through security measures and implementation of disaster recovery plans and backup procedures and information security and control structure
• Select and maintain key relationships with vendors working to maintain quality services such as telephone services, internet services, cloud services, network services, equipment services, etc. that meet current and future needs at a good value
• Maintain working knowledge of and provide cross-over support for all network-connected systems utilized by other departments such as Media Tech and Facilities
• Be actively involved and/or provide strategic input on all technical-related projects outside of IT department
• Actively pursue new technologies and leading technological improvements and solutions related to all areas of the church offering proposals and recommendations that improve processes and efficiencies to accomplish desired outcomes church wide.
• Draft and propose/present strategic and operational budgets both annually and per project working with Finance department and Executive Director of Operations
• Conduct training for computer or technical equipment users as needed and provide support to users with technical advice, problem resolution and technological troubleshooting
• Train, develop and manage the performance of assigned staff members effectively
• Strong organizational skills both personally and over areas of responsibility
• Ability to train and develop others for effectiveness and efficiency
• Clear and effective communication to assigned staff/volunteers, peers and leadership
• 2+ years demonstrated ability to lead individuals effectively and efficiently
• Knowledge of various operating systems including OS X, CentOS and Windows 10
Please send resume to email@example.com
GRAPHIC DESIGN SPECIALIST
Posted May 1, 2016
Are you passionate about graphic design and using your skills to support the local church? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow creatively and professionally?
As the Graphic Design Specialist, you’ll be responsible for design that will help support the overall vision of Valley Family Church. You should be skilled the Adobe Creative Suite programs, and have an understanding of marketing and brand management.
This is a Part-Time Position (20 hours) between Monday and Thursday.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
- -Support and reinforce the brand identity of Valley Family Church through all design pieces
- -Create master art concepts for churchwide series and events that will drive promotion and support overall brand of Valley Family Church.
- -Create graphic elements for weekend services.
- -Design interior signage, exterior signage, various churchwide publications and web graphics.
- -Oversee internal large format printing and supply inventory
- -Communicate with outside companies for outsourcing, including quote requests, ordering and pick up
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- -You are fully entrenched in modern design and understand what grabs the attention of our current culture.
- -You can easily recognize effective versus ineffective design.
- -You have a teachable spirit and understand that your role in design is to support VFC’s brand, not your own.
- -You have strong marketing foundational knowledge.
- -You are organized and can work independently.
- -Your attention to detail is impeccable. You produce a work product that requires little modification. You are almost a perfectionist.
Qualifications for role:
- -1+ years of graphic design experience and/or training with portfolio of work
- -Fully competent in in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator? (Photo editing a bonus)
- -Understanding of Valley Family Church’s brand
- -Impeccable attention to detail
- -Understanding of marketing and advertising basics with proven experience
Desirable Skills, but not required:
- -2 to 4-year Degree with focus on Graphic Design and/or Marketing
- -Photography (creative eye, skillset and/or experience)
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
o Oversees the use of various media equipment, including video, lighting, and audio equipment.
o Oversee or operate highly technical or complex equipment, such as multi-media and computer projection equipment.
o Coordinate equipment installation, maintenance and repair as needed.
o Make recommendations for equipment purchases, system design, and facility utilization for all things media tech related.
o Research emerging technology regularly for the purpose of keeping current with the latest trends and information.
o Have a working knowledge of signal flow, transmitter/receivers, sound board functions, mixing techniques, DMX, DMX systems, basic lighting board functions, and other things pertaining to Media Tech infrastructure.
Qualifications for role:
o 2+ years of Media Tech experience
o Demonstrates consistency in following procedures, practices, and policies
o Able to adapt to a fast pace, ever-changing, cutting edge work environment
Desirable Skills, but not required:
o Well versed in Adobe Premier
o Well versed in Macintosh Pro Presenter
o Prior experience with Yamaha audio boards
o Prior experience with ETC and/or Jands lighting boards
o Prior knowledge of technical systems; Lyntec, Crestron, and
Submit Your Resumé: If you'd like to submit your resumé for us to keep on file for future job openings, please email it email@example.com.